sitefinity errors

Return code 0 when trying to save data.  

 

run select base_id, * from TableOfContentThatWontSave where status = 1

 

In my case this was in the ecommerce products module.  I needed to find the products that had a status of 1.  Each one was listed as blocked.  I checked the item under more actions in the top menu, I published the items.  Once all items identified by the querry were published and unblocked I was again able to save.

Another possible reason

using the Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.ImageField, Telerik.Sitefinity with out actually adding an image will cause the same issue??

Actually found the issue today. the update procedure seems to dynamically create itself based on the string passed in and it was 261 char and the field in the database was 255. Updated the field size in sql and it saved no problem. 

The dynamic content module table will do the same. identify the item that is in edit mode.  go to the item, open and save. This was the first thing I tried. In some cases this is all that is needed.

About dorothyjarry

Super Dots
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s