So thankfully I am still not in production with CRM and I suppose I should get a slap on the hand for not testing CRM a little more after I imported the ConnectorForMicrosoftDynamicsGP.zip solution. As soon as I opened the a new contact record form I was greeted with this little nasty…
Also I remembered as I imported the solution I was not given the choice on
Select a customization option:
Select Maintain customizations if you are installing Microsoft Dynamics CRM for the first time.
Select Overwrite customizations if you are upgrading an existing ERP solution, or if you are upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
This is not a fresh install of CRM this is an upgrade from 4.0. So I decided to import the solution again and it even said at the top that there was an update for the solution. This time I was give the choice above. Considering things were not working correctly I chose to Overwrite, which could have caused me a tremendous amount of work.
At this point I just added the field. Error went away. I needed to do this on Both the account and contact form. Maybe this will save someone else a little time if they come across this.
Also there was no need to import the solution again. And I will also mention. This did not remove any of my customizations to the form. Everything stayed intact
Still have not gotten to an actual integration yet…